Synoptics Ltd is a dynamic, expanding company supplying advanced digital image processing and analysis systems to international markets.
We are looking for an Applications Specialist for the Microbiology division of Synoptics, Synbiosis. Synbiosis specialises in automated colony counters and zone sizing systems for the industrial and clinical sectors. In this challenging and rewarding position the successful candidate will play an important role in training and managing end users while supporting the sales team from a technical perspective.
- Key contact with new and existing customers
- Ability to demonstrate, install and validate products with external customers
- Provide clear and concise training
- Support Sales team with commercial and technical assistance
- Provide pre-and-post sales support
- Participate in implementing new products onto the market
- Follow-up and validation of new applications and new products in collaboration with R&D department
- Support other teams on a cross-functional basis
- 2 – 3 years’ experience working in a Microbiology Environment
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Strong communication skills
- Attendance at exhibitions, workshops and presentations at scientific conferences
- Able to work independently
- Travel as and when needed
If you are interested, please email your CV to email@example.com
Synoptics are looking for a bright and enthusiastic software developer to work on both new and existing software packages, working with various cameras and bespoke hardware. Our products are mainly written in C# (.Net 2.0 to .Net 3.5) utilising our range of .Net components (written in C++).
Reporting to the R & D Manager
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft .Net 2.0 or later using C# is required.
- Knowledge/experience of Image analysis.
- A passion and talent for developing software.
- Able to manage own workload and meet deadlines.
- A strong communicator with good interpersonal skills along with a good standard of written English.
The following skills would be advantageous:
- Any experience with WPF/XAML.
- Knowledge and working experience of Microsoft SQL Server and Transact SQL.
- Any knowledge of C++.
- Experience in developing user interfaces.
- Knowledge and experience of using a form of source control (e.g. VSS/SVN).
- Any experience of NUnit.
If you are interested, please email your CV to RH06@synoptics.co.uk